Have you ever thought you’d like to know more about pairing red wine with food or suggestions which white wine to serve with your dinner? This ingenious, 100% organic cotton tea towel by Stuart Gardiner Design is the answer to your quest to find the perfect wine and food match. Easily stored in a draw (well it is a tea towel) or even framed in your kitchen you’ll have all the suggestions you need at your finger tips.
The wine pairing with food tea towel is handily made in two designs – pairing red wine and pairing white wine with food.
Each one has a key to let you know how well the wine and food match – ‘excellent pairing’, ‘good pairing’ or ‘avoid pairing’. Both the red and white version covers 34 popular styles – each one rated against 56 different food entries – that’s 1904 possible combos covered!
Wines are listed alphabetically and by their most commonly known name and the wine style
- Acidity – High, Medium or Low
- Body – Full, Medium or Light
- Tannins – High, Medium or Low.
Finally there are some simple pairing tips:
- Think regional, Italian dishes go well with Italian wine, as does a Burgundy with a beef bourguignon
- Simple food with complex wine and complex food with simple wine is the general rule. This allows the wine to stand out or blend with the food
- Match the weight, select light bodied wines to pair with the lighter food, and fuller bodied wines to go with heartier dishes (e.g. pair a meaty stew with a bold red Rioja).